12oz Local Wildflower Honey
Raw local wildflower honey straight from the source. All natural and delicious.
Weight: 1 lb
Dimensions: 3 × 3 × 5 in
Available in most grocery stores.
- Sir Edmond Hillary, the first man to climb Mt. Everest was a commercial Beekeeper? He had 1400 beehives.
- They found honey in King Tuts tomb. It was still good.
- Crystallized honey is a sign of good quality; it is not a sign that the honey has gone bad.
- Crystalized honey can be returned to liquid state by giving it a warm bath at the lowest setting on your stove in a double boiler. Do not use a microwave; that can kill the good bacteria in the honey that helps with your allergies.
- An average worker bee makes only about ½ teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.
- A hive of bees must fly 55,000 miles to produce a pound of honey; that about the amount of honey in a 12 oz jar.
- All of the worker bees are female. When the male bees are not needed anymore. They are killed or kicked out of the hive. I am sure glad I am not a male bee.
- It takes about 9 pounds of honey to synthesize one pound of wax.