12oz Local Wildflower Honey
Raw local wildflower honey straight from the source. All natural and delicious.
Weight: 1 lb
Dimensions: 3 × 3 × 5 in
Available in most grocery stores.
- Sir Edmond Hillary, the first man to climb Mt. Everest was a commercial Beekeeper? He had 1400 beehives.
- They found honey in King Tuts tomb. It was still good.
- Crystallized honey is a sign of good quality; it is not a sign that the honey has gone bad.
- Crystalized honey can be returned to liquid state by giving it a warm bath at the lowest setting on your stove in a double boiler. Do not use a microwave; that can kill the good bacteria in the honey that helps with your allergies.
- An average worker bee makes only about ½ teaspoon of honey in its lifetime.
- A hive of bees must fly 55,000 miles to produce a pound of honey; that about the amount of honey in a 12 oz jar.
- All of the worker bees are female. When the male bees are not needed anymore. They are killed or kicked out of the hive. I am sure glad I am not a male bee.
- It takes about 9 pounds of honey to synthesize one pound of wax.
- Honey bees were brought to the east coast of North America in 1622. It would be 231 years before the honey bee reached the west coast. They pollinated the European seeds and saplings that the immigrants brought with them. The Honey Bee is not a native species. There are five species of Honey Bees that have been imported to the US.
- According to the United States Department of Agriculture, about 163 million pounds of honey is produced in the United States each year. In 2016, 162 million pounds of honey were produced.
- About 2/3 of US domestic bees visit California for the almond bloom in February. Honey Bees increase almond yields from an expected 40lbs/acre to an average of 2,400lbs/acre.